- Superfast 8d Rover 3500 Police Car. Estimated Value: $750.
- Ford Mustang. Estimated Value: $2,700.
- Mercury Station Wagon (1969-1973) Estimated Value: $3,700.
- Mercury Cougar (1968-1970)
- Ford Kennel Truck (1969-1972)
- Mercedes Benz 230SL (1967)
- BP Dodge Wreck Truck (1965)
- ERF Dropside Lorry.
How can you tell if a Matchbox car is rare?
Are Matchbox cars valuable?
Well, after 60 years in business, Matchbox has managed to produce 10 distinct cars that are considered to be extremely valuable by collectors. So, let's take a look at them and see how much they're worth! Here's a list of the 10 most expensive Matchbox cars.Dec 9, 2021
What are the rare Matchbox cars?
- Opel Diplomat Sedan. One of the rarest Matchbox cars is an Opel Diplomat, painted an unusual beautiful turquoise also referred to as sea green.
- No. 30 Crane Truck.
- Aveling Barford Road Roller.
- BP Dodge Wrecker.
- Major Scale Quarry Truck.
- Mercury Cougar.
In 1954, the 19th vehicle in the series was rolled out: a dainty MG TD roadster, the first Matchbox car. The toys quickly spread to the United States where they typically sold for 49 cents.
How do I know if my Matchbox cars are valuable?
The age of the Matchbox toy vehicles is a vital factor in determining the value of the cars. For example, a model produced in standard quantities in the 1950s will be rarer and more valuable today than one produced in similar quantities in the 1980s.May 7, 2015
Do old Matchbox cars have any value?
The ones we own aren't worth much, but there are a number of Matchbox models that could be worth thousands of dollars; especially if they were issued in the '60s and they're in great shape. Maryland resident Bruce Pascal, for instance, owns 4,000 Hot Wheels toys.
But those toys probably cost you $1 each, at most, and even if you could sell them for hundreds more that is an achievement. In 2018, car insurance firm GoCompare put together a list of valuable toy cars that includes a one-of-two 1961 prototype of Matchbox's Magirus-Deutz Truck, then worth about $11,000.