- Heat the stone with a lighter for about 30-40 seconds.
- Drop it in cold water (not ice cold).
- Examine it. If it shatters, it's fake. If it's fine, it could be a real diamond.
How much does a real diamond earring cost?
Diamond earrings typically start around $500 in price and can be as much as $36,000 for a single pair. Before balking at the expensive price tag, consider all of the factors that go into determining the cost of a pair of diamond earrings, and how they affect the price range of such items.
Diamond stud earrings are easily one of the best pieces of investment jewelry to own; they are simple, elegant and you can wear them to most occasions. When choosing to buy a pair you're shopping for a future heirloom, so it's important to know what you're looking for.
What type of earrings are in style 2020?
- 2 Flo Tortoiseshell Acrylic Earrings. Cult Gaia.
- 3 On the Dot Hoops. Kate Spade New York.
- 4 Camille Earrings. Rachel Comey.
- 6 Gemz Earrings. SHASHI.
- 7 Twist Lucite Necklace.
- 8 Medium Jelly Lucite and Enamel Hoop Earrings.
- 10 Dani Earrings.
- 11 Gothic Initial Necklace.
What quality diamonds should you get for earrings?
If you'd like a specific recommendation for clarity and diamond studs, the GIA has one. The jewelry experts at the GIA suggest that you can go as low as SI1, SI2, I1 or even I2 for diamond studs.