- Turn off machine and allow ice to melt off evaporator.
- Remove access covers.
- If equipped, turn on CLEAN/WASH cycle.
- Wait for water to fill trough and flow over evaporator.
- Add properly diluted Ice Machine Cleaner to trough.
- Let machine run through cleaning cycle.
- Turn off machine.
What can I use instead of ice machine cleaner?
1. Use a 10:1 ratio of water to white vinegar instead of an ice-machine cleaner.
Can I make my own ice maker cleaner?
After wiping down the inside of your machine to remove any visible dirt and debris, you can go in with your vinegar. Fill an empty spray bottle with vinegar and liberally apply to the interior of your ice maker. Leave to soak for five minutes, then run a wash cycle.Jun 17, 2020
Can I use vinegar to clean an ice machine?
Use a 10:1 ratio of water to either white vinegar or lemon juice. ... Drain the water. Add fresh water to the water reservoir to make ice, or dry the interior and exterior with a clean soft cloth to store the machine. The ice scoop should be washed regularly.Apr 5, 2016
How do you disinfect an ice maker?
Mix 1/2 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water. Dampen a rag in the mixture and wipe down the ice maker inside the freezer. Wipe the unit with a dry rag to remove the moisture. Wash the storage bin with the mixture as well, rinsing it thoroughly.