How should I mail in my HH Bonds for redemption?

We're happy to hear that our customers are happy with our website.If your browser doesn't allow you to view the website survey, please e-mail your comments.

Series HH savings bonds that we issued in the past haven't matured and are still paying interest, but we no longer offer them.

The face value of an HH bond is worth it's worth.The bond was bought for $500 and is now worth $500.

If you find a savings bond that belongs to someone else, you can't cash it.Savings bonds can't be traded.

You can see "Death of a Savings Bond Owner" if you inherit a bond through the death of the bond owner.

Up to 20 years of interest is paid on HH bonds.The interest is paid every six months.The rates and terms for Series HH Savings Bonds can be found here.

We don't pay interest for part of a six-month period when you cash an HH bond.After the interest-paying time, it is wise to cash an HH bond.

We will hold your bond until the following month if you send it in for redemption so that the bond is received in the month before interest is due.If you have HH bonds that pay interest in June and you send them in for redemption in May, Treasury Retail Securities Services will hold your bonds and your request until June so that you receive the June interest.After the June interest has been paid, they will cash your bonds.

If you aren't listed as the owner or co-owner on the bond, you have to provide legal evidence to show you are entitled to cash it.We do not return legal evidence.

Instructions can be found in FS Publication 0105, "Power of Attorney: United States Savings Bonds & Notes."

Yes.We pay interest on the form we mail by January 31 of the year.

If your bond has deferred interest, we will mail you an IRS Form 1099-INT after you cash it or it matures, whichever comes first.

Tax considerations for Series HH Savings Bonds can be found here.

Send a signed request to the address below if you are the owner or co-owner of the bonds.You should include the serial numbers of the bonds.

If the owner or both co-owners have died, you need to provide proof, such as a copy of the death certificate, with your letter and explain how you are entitled to information about the bonds.We do not return death certificates or other legal evidence.

Related Posts:

  1. Jiskha Homework HelpWhich of the following can be used to identify the bonding in magnesium nitrate?
  2. Is a bond considered debt?
  3. How long does it take for a $50 savings bond to mature?
  4. How much do you have to pay on a $10000 bond?