Sitting position to treat tailbone pain Sit with your back against the chair and your feet flat on the floor to take the weight off your tailbone. Lean forward when you go to sit down. You can also sit on a special donut-shaped pillow or wedge-shaped cushion to relieve pressure on the sensitive area.
Does sitting on a pillow help tailbone pain?
How should I sleep to avoid tailbone pain?
- on a firm mattress.
- on your side with a pillow between your knees.
- on your back with a pillow under your knees.
What is the fastest way to heal a sore tailbone?
- Rest and stop any physical activity that causes pain. The more you rest, the quicker the injury can heal.
- Ice your tailbone for about 20 minutes every hour while awake for the first 48 hours, then 2 to 3 times a day. ...
- Use a cushion or gel donut when sitting. ...
- Avoid sitting a lot.
Can you get tailbone pain from sitting too much?
Poor posture Sitting in an awkward position for a long period of time, such as at work or while driving, can put too much pressure on your coccyx. This causes pain and discomfort that will get worse the longer you stay in this position.
What kind of cushion is good for tailbone pain?
Best Overall: ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion It's also specifically designed to relieve pressure on the coccyx. One of the best parts about this cushion is that it can be used anywhere—at your office, in your car, or at home.Nov 10, 2021
What should I sit on if my tailbone hurts?
- Lean forward while sitting down.
- Sit on a doughnut-shaped pillow or wedge (V-shaped) cushion.
- Apply heat or ice to the affected area.
- Take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) or aspirin.
How do I choose a coccyx cushion?
When choosing a coccyx cushion, the most important consideration is finding a cushion that feels comfortable, as people need to use their cushions consistently to provide support while they recover from coccyx injuries.
How do you protect your tailbone when sitting?
If your chair doesn't tilt, you can use some protection while you sit. A wedge cushion can help by moving your body forward on your sit bones and upper thighs, taking the pressure off your tailbone. A “Donut” cushion is another option that can distribute weight away from your coccyx.Aug 6, 2020