How To Apply for Permanent Residency in New Zealand

You can live and work in New Zealand for as long as you want with a permanent residency visa.You don't have to apply for a new visa if you travel outside New Zealand.If you have lived in New Zealand for 2 years under any type of resident visa, you will be eligible for permanent residency.You can apply for permanent residency once you have been there for 2 years.If you are a skilled worker, a partner of a citizen, or a refugee, you may be eligible for direct permanent residency.

Step 1: You need a resident visa at least 2 years before you apply for permanent residency.

If you leave New Zealand on a resident visa, you won't be able to return.A resident visa is the first step to permanent residency.If you want to apply for a visa in New Zealand, you need to fill out the appropriate form.You need to give us your personal information and employment information.Since you won't be in New Zealand, you may be able to apply online.Immigration officials will make a decision after reviewing your application.The Skilled Migrant Resident Visa is a visa that allows individuals with specialized education and skills to work in New Zealand.An individual who is in a romantic relationship with a New Zealand citizen can live in the country with their partner.The Long Term Skill Shortage List Resident Visa allows people who can do hard-to-fill jobs a chance to work in New Zealand.The Parent Retirement Resident Visa allows parents of a New Zealand resident or citizen to join their child inNew Zealand once they've retired.A work visa given to an individual who has a job offer is called a talent resident visa.Children of New Zealand residents or naturalized citizens can get a dependent child resident visa.The Investor 2 Resident Visa is available to people who have at least NZ $3 million in assets.People who have legally operated a business in New Zealand for at least 6 months can apply for the Entrepreneur Resident Visa.The Samoan Quota Resident Visa is available to residents who have entered a drawing to live in New Zealand.You get a visa if your name is drawn.Pacific Islanders who have won a lottery can apply for the Pacific Access Category Resident Visa.You can stay in New Zealand with the second or subsequent resident visa.The Religious Worker Resident Visa allows people to work in New Zealand.The Investor 1 Resident Visa is for individuals who are investing $10 million in New Zealand over the next three years.The talent resident visa allows people who are skilled in arts, sports or culture to live in New Zealand.Australian citizens can apply for the Australian Resident Visa.The community sponsored refugee resident visa is available to refugees who have gotten a local New Zealand community to sponsor them.The Intercountry Adoption Resident Visa is available to people who are adopted.Pitcairn Islanders who have been offered employment in New Zealand can apply for a Resident Visa.If your family member is a refugee, you can stay in New Zealand on the Refugee Family Support Resident Visa.South Island Contribution Resident Visa is for people who have been on the island for at least 2 years.

Step 2: You can live in New Zealand for 2 years on a resident visa.

If you have lived in New Zealand for at least 24 months under a residence visa, you can get permanent residency.You might have a residence visa that allows you to work, study, or live with a partner who is a citizen.If you haven't lived in New Zealand for 2 years, you may be able to apply for a work visa or study visa.You will be able to live in New Zealand under one of the visas.

Step 3: If applicable, fill any conditions of your resident visa.

A valid passport is a common condition of your visa.You might have other conditions as well.If you have any unmet conditions on your resident visa, you should go over your personal documents.If you have a condition on your work visa, you can only work for a certain employer or trade.If you have a partnership visa, you may be required to stay in your relationship.You won't have any special conditions on your visa.The officials want to make sure you follow all of the rules provided to you, such as not overstaying your visa or traveling outside the country without permission.

Step 4: In one of the approved ways, show your commitment to New Zealand.

You have a reason to be in the country, that's what this shows immigration officials.You can show you are committed to New Zealand by staying in the country for at least two years before applying.You are a New Zealand tax residence.You have invested at least $1,000,000 in New Zealand.In the past year, you have opened a business in New Zealand or purchased a stake in an existing business.You established New Zealand as your home by buying a home and being employed for at least 9 months in the past 2 years.

Step 5: If you were included on someone else's visa, you should check for an exception.

If you came to New Zealand under another person's visa application, you are considered a non-principal application.You may have come to New Zealand with a partner or parent.You are usually required to apply for permanent residency if this is the case.If your situation meets one of the following criteria, you can get an exception.You have a protection order against the person.An offence was committed against you or your dependent.The principal application has died.The person is a New Zealand citizen.

Step 6: You need to fill out an application from a resident.

This form can be used to apply for permanent residency, an additional residence visa, or travel variations.Write in English.When writing out names and words, use all capital letters.Most of the time, you'll need to mail your form or deliver it in person.You will be assigned a receiving office based on where you live.You may be able to submit your application online if you live in the United States.When you enter your information on the application fee calculator, you will get a location of your receiving office.You can find the application form here.

Step 7: Attach photos that meet visa requirements.

2 photos of you must be included in your application.Take your photos in front of a light colored background.Look directly at the camera if you wear plain clothes.Professional photographs are preferred by immigration officials.If you are applying for a paper job, your photo must be 35 millimetres wide by 45 millimetres high.If you're able to apply online, your picture's file size should be between 500KB and 3MB.The dimensions have to be between 900 x 1200 and 2250 x 3000.Your photo is not a photo of yourself.

Step 8: Your personal information should be provided.

You will list your title, name, birthdate, sex, and partnership status.Explain where you were born, list your passport information, and give your name and address as the principal applicants on your original residence application.You will indicate if your partner is a citizen on this section of the application.

Step 9: You can list your contact details.

You include your address, phone number, fax and email.You'll be asked to check a box if you received advice while filling out the form.You can designate someone to act in your place, such as an adviser or friend, in this section.Immigration officials can use someone else's information to locate you if you don't have an address or phone number.You can designate this person to act on your behalf.

Step 10: If applicable, include your partner and dependents' information.

If they were on your original residence visa, you can include your partner and dependents.Provide each person's name, date of birth, passport information, and relationship to you.Two passport-style portraits of each family member are attached.The same photo guidelines are followed.If you have immediate family members that are not included in this application, you just need to list them.Your partner, children, siblings, and parents are included.Provide their name, birthdate, current country of residence, and relationship to you.

Step 11: You can check the boxes to see if you meet eligibility requirements.

Section D of the application asks if you meet the basic qualifications to be a permanent resident.If you have a residence visa for at least 24 months, you will show how committed you are to New Zealand.Check to see if you have met the conditions of your visa.Unless the relevant records are government records, you will need to provide evidence of your commitment to New Zealand.This is a public record and you don't need to prove that you live in New Zealand.If you want to show you're a business owner, you should submit your investment records.If you have set up a home base in New Zealand, you need to submit your house deed and employment records.

Step 12: If you don't get permanent residency, choose what travel variations you want.

The same form is used for both permanent residency and travel variations that allow you to travel out of New Zealand and return.If you aren't eligible for permanent residency, you can still receive additional travel variations.Pick the type of travel variation that would help you.You can ask for a variation of one year, two years, or fourteen days.You can leave New Zealand for this period of time and return with your current visa.

Step 13: A character declaration is required for each person on the application.

You include yourself and anyone else under your partner and dependents section.Full details about what happened in the space provided or on an extra sheet of paper that you'll attach to the application should be provided if you answer yes to any questions.If you or your family members have been investigated for a crime, check "yes" or "no".A person has been convicted of a crime.A person has been sentenced to jail.Been put on supervision.Been required to leave a country.Been refused entry to a country.Been denied a visa.He was a member of a terrorist organization.They were involved in the drug trade.I was a member of a criminal organization.I was in a hate group.

Step 14: Make sure that everything in your application is correct.

If you sign and date your application, you are telling the truth.Immigration officials can check that your application information is correct with the help of your signature.If you include a partner on your application, they need to sign and date it as well.Children under the age of 18 don't need to sign the application.dependent children over the age of 18 who are included on your application for a resident visa must sign and date the application

Step 15: If you had an adviser, give him or her information.

If you had someone help you with your application, you must tell.Provide the name and information of the person.If they don't have a license, you need to give their license number or exemption criteria.They will need to sign their name if they helped you.You could have worked with a translator or someone who helps you keep up with your paperwork.The person needs to sign your application.

Step 16: Use a fee calculator to figure out your application fees.

The amount of your fees depends on your country of residence.You can pay your fees with cash, credit card, or personal check.An application fee of NZ$210 would be paid by a United States citizen who is currently living in New Zealand.Cash can get lost or stolen during transit so don't send it through the mail.You can't pay with a money order.You can use the office and fees finder to calculate your fee.

Step 17: Send your application and payment to your receiving center.

Your receiving center will be assigned to you based on where you live.You will get this information from the fee calculator.You can either mail it or deliver it.You will be charged a service fee if you mail the application.A United States resident who is mailing their application would have to pay a service fee and a courier fee.You can submit your application online.Depending on where you live.If you can submit your application online, you will receive a physical address for your processing center.

Step 18: A points calculator can be used to determine if you are a skilled worker.

Send an expression of interest to the New Zealand government if you have 100 points.Immigration officials will review your form.They'll send you an application form if you qualify for residency.You can get points based on your age, skill level, and job opportunities.You need to be under 55 years of age, speak fluent English, and have a job offer if you want it.You will get more points if you have a professional degree and prior work experience.If you make at least twice the median income, or have a skill that is in short supply, you will get extra points.The points calculator can be found here, as well as the EOI form.

Step 19: If your partner is a citizen, apply for residence based on partnership.

You can apply for residence if you've been in a relationship with a New Zealand citizen for at least a year.The Form INZ 1178 partnership support form is needed by your partner.Immigration officials will review your applications to see if your relationship is real.If you want to prove your relationship, you'll need to provide photos of you and your partner together.This could include cards, letters, and text messages.Immigration officials might want to see mail sent to both of you at the same address, as well as evidence of shared bills or bank statements.You may be able to get letters from friends and relatives who have observed you and your partner behaving as a couple.They don't need to be New Zealand residents or citizens to have a close relationship with you and your partner.You can still get a visa to live in New Zealand if you and your partner can't prove you've been together long enough.You can get a partnership visa, work visa or study visa.It will take more time to get residency status.You can find the form INZ 1178 here.

Step 20: If you are a refugee, apply for asylum in New Zealand.

You can apply in person or in writing.Attend your asylum interview after you submit a written statement.You can get a report about your claim from the Refugee Status Branch.You have one more chance to file support for your claim before a final decision is made.The Refugee Status Branch will make a decision on your application, statement and interview.You can go to permanent residency if you are approved for asylum.If your application is rejected, you may be deported.You need to explain why you're afraid of returning to your home country.If you want to apply in your native language, you can send it to the Refugee Status Branch PO Box 90.

Related Posts:

  1. Permanent residency is available in New Zealand.
  2. Immigrate to the US permanently.
  3. You have to apply for an H 1B visa.
  4. Become a citizen of a country.