- Residency: Internal Medicine.
- Residency: Family Medicine.
- Residency: Pediatrics.
- Residency: Emergency Medicine.
- Residency: Psychiatry.
- Residency: Anesthesiology.
- Residency: General Surgery.
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology.
What is the most difficult medical specialty?
- Integrated interventional radiology. Percentage of positions filled by U.S. senior medical school graduates: 95.5 percent.
- Orthopedic surgery.
- Integrated plastic surgery.
- Radiation oncology.
- Neurological surgery.
- Thoracic surgery.
What specialty has the longest residency?
How do I choose a medical residency?
- Step One: Set Goals and Gather the Facts. Identify and prioritize what's important to you in a residency program.
- Step Two: Build Your Program List and Apply.
- Step Three: Get Ready to Interview at and Rank Programs.
- Rheumatology; General Surgery: 60%
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine; Allergy & Immunology: 59%
- Orthopedics; Urology; Ophthalmology: 58%
- Pediatrics: 57%
- Dermatology: 56%
Which residency has the best lifestyle?
The ROAD specialties, standing for radiology, ophthalmology, anesthesiology, and dermatology have historically been the best for those optimizing for lifestyle. While that still mostly holds true, there's much more to the story.
What is the most respected doctor specialty?
Rank Specialty Average compensation
---- ------------------ --------------------
1 Neurosurgery $616,823
2 Thoracic surgery $584,287
3 Orthopedic surgery $526,385
4 Radiation oncology $486,089
What is the most difficult surgery specialty?
- Neurosurgery : Most challenging. Most hectic - Highest hour of average work.
- Oncosurgery : Most of time planned surgery.
- Urosurgery and Gastrosurgery : Better in terms of patient outcome.
- Pediatric surgery : Very very challenging.
- Plastic surgery : Rich Surgeon of rich people!
Which residency is the easiest?
The USA: The easiest to get into are Family, Psychiatry, and Pediatrics. The easiest to go through is Psychiatry, then Family Medicine, and PM&R.
What specialty is the best kept secret in medicine?
Child Psychiatry Is Amazing As a specialty choice, child psychiatry is medical school's best-kept secret. Here's why you should consider it.
What are the top 3 attributes you are looking for in a residency program?
Medical knowledge, including basic sciences and medical practice (USMLE scores) Perceived commitment to specialty and relevant experiences (Residency personal statement, medical student CV) Evidence of professionalism in collaborative settings (ERAS letters of recommendation)May 7, 2021
What specialties have the shortest residencies?
Residency Specialty Program Length
Emergency Medicine 3-4 years
Obstetrics-Gynecology 4 years
Pathology 4 years
Psychiatry 4 years
How is medical residency determined?
Medical students are matched into residency programs, according to the preferences of both the students and the programs, through a process operated by the Electronic Residency Service (ERAS) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).Mar 9, 2019
What medical field takes the longest?
The longest is neurosurgery. You have 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of medical school, which may vary, and then you have 6–7 years of residency depending on your program. All medical specialties require the same amount of “schooling”; that is four years of medical school.
What are the three most important factors that you consider when evaluating a residency program?
- Location, Location, Location. When I talk to my colleagues about their experiences choosing between residency programs, many expressed that location of the program was one of their top deciding factors.
- Track Record.
Which residency is easiest to get into?
- Family Medicine.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Emergency Medicine.